Time to get our crow on! Here are my top five tips to get your crow flying higher! You can check out the full tutorial here.
1. Use your fingertips to help control your balance! Grip the mat to ground you in this arm balance.
2. Hug your elbows in! Squeezing the arms in helps stabilize your shoulders and engage the muscles in the sides of your torso. Use a strap to assist with this action. The loop of the strap should be placed just above your elbows, and remember to keep your arms shoulder-width distance apart.
3. Round your upper back! Rounding will help lessen the amount of weight you feel on your arms, and it will help you engage your core.
4. Step on a block! If you have trouble getting your knees high up on your arms, start by standing on a block…your knees will automatically be higher!
5. Don’t look down! Look slightly forward. The slight tilt of your head will prevent you from nose diving into your mat.